Monday, August 25, 2014

July 28-

I hope that you are doing some fun family things over the summer. Summer doesn't even feel like summer here. I am just now realizing that July is going to end in just a few days and then we are in August. It feels so unreal. Time is going by so fast. I have heard that it will just get faster and then before I know it 2014 will be over. I hope that isn't the case but I guess it means that I just need to cherish every waking moment...

The Lord has blessed my companionship so much. This last Sunday we had a baptism for M. Last Sunday we gave him a baptismal font tour and then this Sunday he was the one in the baptismal font getting baptized. He finally found the peace and comfort he was looking for. He even got up and bore his testimony after he was baptized. He is such an amazing man. An example to me. His family did not want him to get baptized or to meet with us anymore but he worked through all of that and overcame his fears. Replaced it with trust, and allowed the Savior to work in his heart. He is getting the GIFT of the HOLY GHOST this coming Sunday.

F who is another one of our investigators came to church this weekend. He finally asked us to set a baptismal date for him. We are now working towards the 10th of August. I can't wait to see him all in white. Just waiting for the Lord to forgive him for everything. 

This week being in a trio-companionship again has been amazing. I couldn't have asked for two more prepared sister missionaries with me and they are both from Idaho which is amazing. We are just representing the great Northwest. This has been one of the best weeks every! I am absolutely loving being in a TRIO. Earlier this week, I felt like okay I have this. I can do this the Lord is trusting me with two amazing missionaries. This week has totally proved that to me. 

Sister M was so prepared for this. She teaches so simply already and she has a great way of telling people her experiences. Sister B is also my companion now. She is finding the blessings in the work. We taught MODESTY to one of our investigators and we got them to commit to wearing modest shirts. We are still working on the short shorts, but one step at a time. The mission at first is super hard to get used too but I am just helping them both to take things an hour at a time. We just sit small goals and then do everything we can so that at the end of hour we can say, wow we just did that. We have done that today and talked to so many people already. This week, we had 229 open your mouth conversations out of 200. We are setting the hastening of the work! 

We are having so much fun together. These sisters are full of love, they love our investigators so much and want to see them come closer to God through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. It is so great!

We are just having fun, that is all I can say. I am just so thankful that the Lord blessed me with these two great companions!

Sister Weller




No comments:

Post a Comment