Monday, August 25, 2014

July 7-The Year is HALF OVER!



What, I can't even believe that July starts and that means that the year is almost over. It is so crazy to think that just a few months ago I was in Ecuador celebrating New Years Eve and now I am in the States and celebrating the 4th of July. We were in our house super early that night for safety reasons, so we got home about 6pm instead of 9pm Which was good because people got a little crazy. By 10:30pm I was passed out in bed and couldn't hear the fireworks anymore. Luckily here the fireworks I love, mortars are not illegal because everyone had them. They looked so pretty. The little park down the street from us had a big firework show too. So that went from like 6-9pm it was so loud but super pretty. We go to watch from the house. We took pictures so check those out. I am so happy that you all go to spend time together for the 4th of July too. The pictures look so fun!

This past week we have been on bikes part of the time. I have not been on bikes for like 15 years. My body hurt so bad after we rode bikes one night. Luckily it was night time but wow so hard. I just keep telling Hermana J that I want to trade my body in for a new one haha. Too bad I can't do that. My skirts are not working for bikes though lol. Missionary problems. I love pencil skirts but a pencil skirt + bikes = immodesty. So I am looking for longer skirts that are flowy so that I can ride a bike and be modest. We still have a car but we can only use so many miles so that means that we are on bikes during the hottest time of the year here in Los Angeles! We are also walking more which I actually don't mind, reminds me of my time in Ecuador. 

I have been studying a lot about our existence before our time here on the Earth. Our life with our Heavenly Father and how each and every one of us chose the Plan of Salvation, which means we all had agency in Heaven as well to pick and chose. It was because of this, that we were all born so that we could gain a body so that we could experience things for ourselves and chose again to return to live with our Heavenly Father. So our Salvation is our choice. What are we all doing to chose it again?

I love you all so much. Sorry this letter is short. I promise it will be longer next week. I hope everyone in the family is doing great and that you are all having such a great summer. It is super hot here and we live in a little house full of ants and heat. Lol. Not sure why we have so many little friends but that is that. 

I love it here in the most international mission on earth. I can't wait to see what this weeks brings us. 

Love your missionary. Hermana Weller







No comments:

Post a Comment