Sunday, July 21, 2013

8 weeks until I leave for the MTC

8 weeks and 4 days until I leave for the MTC...that is 103,680 minutes or 6,220,800 seconds...time is just flying by.

It has been 30 days since my last blog post and not a lot has changed. I am still waiting...studying PMG...praying...having fun...and loving spending time with my family.

It's half way through the summer and I have been camping with my family out at the coast and it just keeps reminding me of how fast the summer will be over and then it will be FALL. When I first got my mission call I had 5 months to wait and now it's down to 2!

I have all of my clothes, shoes, and jackets purchased! There were by far the most expensive items on the list.

I am now working on purchasing all of the little things, like shampoo, conditioner, and supplies to last my stay for 6 weeks at the MTC. Shopping is by far one of my favorite things to do, I love finding deals, and getting things on sale but buying stuff for my mission has been almost bitter sweet. I am buying items that will last me 18 months while I am away in a different country.

I have never been away from my family for more than 2 weeks at a time. We are so close and practically see each other a couple times a week. I talk to my mom and sister every day on the phone so I don't know what I am going to do when I am gone. I hope that I will just be able to stay so busy I don't think about all of the little things I'll miss.

I am so grateful that I have had TIME to spend with my family. Tonight as I wished another friend his farewell for the next two years it just reminds me of how in 2 months I will have my own farewell. I will be the one everyone is wishing luck too and the one everyone hugs. I can't wait to leave on my mission but I hope that I will be able to enjoy every last second with my family and friends.

In the next 30 days I will experience changes...I will be leaving my job of 8 years so I can focus on studying for my last month and i'll be able to spend even more time with family. I will be getting ready for a trip to California, then I'll head to Salt Lake City for a week, then I'll be back home to go camping on the coast. My summer has been fun and I am getting more things checked off my bucket list of things I'd like to do before my mission.

Time will fly by now instead of crawl at a turtle pace and I will be so happy to leave on my mission and change my life as well as the people I will come to love in Ecuador.

I know that what I am doing is the right thing for me right now and I can not wait to experience this next chapter in my life. I love the Gospel, I love the peace it brings in my life, and I am proud to say I AM A MORMON and a DAUGHTER OF MY HEAVENLY FATHER.

Love Hermana Weller

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog through Pinterest (I was looking up packing tips for missionaries and your blog was one that came up!) I am leaving for the MTC the same day as you! You are probably not going to Provo, though, are you? That would be crazy! I love your blog, it is so helpful for preparing sister missionaries! Thanks for the help!
    Emily
    yourstrulymimi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily that is so awesome! I never know if my posts actually help anyone. I am glad to hear that it has. I am leaving the same day but going to the new Mexico City MTC. :) Have a great MISSION!! The count down continues.

      Delete