Monday, November 18, 2013

I am in Ecuador!


When I first got here I wasn't really sure what to think. I thought I would be so scared to be in a country that wasn't my own and in a new area that I had never been before but surprisingly I am not scared at all. The Lord protects us when we are obedient and follow his commandments. When we walk on the streets I am not scared either. So dont worry I am safe, just keep praying for me that I will continue to be safe and that people will want to hear our message. For this week I thought I would just recap what happened.

I arrived in Ecuador on the 1st and that was pretty much the longest day of my life. We traveled for 24 hours and had only a few hours of sleep. All I wanted to do was figure out where I was sleeping that night, eat, and pass out. But it didnt exactly happen like that. When we arrived, we ate lunch at the Bishops house and then had our orientation. Afterwards, we went to the mission office and had interviews with President D. That is when I found out that me and my new companion were being assigned to a new area and it is a place that girls have not been before in our new mission. 

I was pretty nervious and not to excited about the whole thing but what can you do. So, after waiting what felt like forever me and my new companion Hermana Y headed to our new area called Alegria which is about 10 minutes by car from the Guayaquil Temple. The night we moved in our apartment had just been painted so luckily we had fans to get the smell out.

Saturday we went with the Elders in the Zone and walked our entire sector which is our area here in town. We meet the members and got referrals and set appointments for Sunday after church. The members here are great! They do not have much here compared to America but what they do have they share with anyone. If anything it is the way we should live. Anywho it is nothing like I expected. People actually keep their appointments. It is a little different in America. So we walked a lot on Saturday and meet a lot of people.

On Sunday, we got up early and went to church. Church here is at 8 AM! Yes 8 AM. Church was one of my hardest days here so far. I understand a lot but sometimes I dont and it gets frustrating. I was frustrated all Sunday at church and just keep asking myself what I was doing here. After church we walked home and did companion study and then prepared to meet with our appointments. I told Hermana Y that I was sad that I didn't understand more and felt inadequate and she told me to pray to feel the spirit. So I did. I prayed twice cause I wasnt sure if I really felt it yet. 

Our appointments went well. At first I didnt really talk much because I was trying to understand but by the second appointment we had it was way better. We actually pulled out the same scripture to share, the one in Helaman 5:12, love that scripture. So as the day went on I was doing a lot more talking. After we finished with our appointments we did street contacting and found a new investigator who agreed to being bauptized on the 23 of November! It was a great Sunday! We have more appointments tomorrow and a goal for 2 baptisms this week! 

It is crazy how much Spanish I use here. I am using more and more spanish each day and learning even more words than ever! I am pretty excited and miracles do happen when it comes to exact obidence. My spanish is getting better each day I am so grateful for that.

Ecuador is pretty humid and hot. Right now they are going into their summer. Crazy right, cause I am pretty sure that it is rainy and cold in Oregon. I am greatful that one some days it is cloudy though because we walk everywhere. I didnt think I would be prepared for that but I am. It is suprising how much my feet do not hurt. Pretty crazy because I thought they would fall off at the end of the first day. I just keep reminding myself that the Lord prepares us! 


I love you guys so much and cant wait to see you!

Just in case you dont have it my mailing address is:

Hermana AnnaAlicia Weller
Ecuador Guayaquil West Mission
Casilla de Correo 09-04-206
Guayaquil, Guayas 
Ecuador


AnnaAlicia

No comments:

Post a Comment