Monday, January 13, 2014

Treasure the words in the Scriptures






Hello!

I love you guys to the moon and back and that is far. So feel loved! Much love!!

This week has been another week spending time in the house. This week I have been studying more in the Book of Mormon and preparing to leave the house and teach to people. I am reading the Book of Mormon at night each day mainly for the stories and then during my personal study each day I am studying the Book of Mormon more in depth. It is kind of crazy I know but I am learning a lot.

Today for example I read about when Jospeh in Egypt (who is the son of Jacob who was given the birthrite by his brother, who had the 12 sons, who turned into the 12 tribes of Isreal - Remember them Genesis) prophesised of Jospeh Smith. In 1 Nephi 21:3 it says, Änd said unto me: Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I am well glorifed. I wasn´t sure who was the servant in this context but I searched the scriptures and ended up in 2 Nephi 3, where Joseph prophesis of Jospeh Smith. In verse 7 it says the Lord will choose a choice seer, that he will raise up, and he will do this to bring forth the knowledge of his covenants to all. It also says in verse 15, that this choice seer will be called after Jospeh and shall be named after his father. It is such a great chapter about how the Lord always revels what will come. 

What is amazing, is that I read this chapter less than a month ago when I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time on my mission, and I read it today and found an all new meaning! The blessing in D&C to treasure up the words of the scriptures, is real. Believe me I see it every day in my personal study of the scriptures. 
I know that all of this studying will help me when we get to go out and teach today! We have 3 appointments with members who are less active and have doubts about the Book of Mormon and Jospeh Smith. So I am so excited to teach them. One invitation that is for everyone is in the Introduction of the Book of Mormon. It says, We invite all...yes all...to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in your heart the message it contains, and then to ask God, the enternal father, in the name of Christ if the book is true...

I have also been cooking a lot. Yes, that is right, the girl who hates to cook, actually cooks all the time. This week I made mexican tacos, without seasoning in a packet and the meat tasted amazing. I only used cominos, garlic, and lime juice. I also made migittas, little friends, and my companion loves them. I made myself an omlette today and we are eatting crepes for dinner. 


We also went to the market today and only spent $12 and got all of our fruit, veggies, and milk for the week. It is so cheap to shop there instead of the tienda. It is kind of like the Seattle market but way less people, and no flowers. lol. 

I hope you all have a great week and I can´t wait to share more with you next week.

Love, AnnaAlicia


No comments:

Post a Comment