Monday, November 24, 2014

I can't believe it's not BUTTER!!!

Family,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK! What are you thankful for? Before you read anything else, I have a challenge for you....

Once a day for this week, kneel down and say a prayer of gratitude. 

The Lord has promised, "He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious" (D&C 78:19). According to the scriptures, "Gratitude is an uplifting, exalting attitude." So go out there and be GRATEFUL. 

This week I am so grateful for so many things, so I thought I would tell you a few of them. I am grateful for...
#1 Our Savior Jesus Christ, who died for each one of us so that we could live with God again
#2 The prophet Joseph Smith, that had so much faith and a desire to know which of all the churches was true, that he prayed to know
#3 That the same church that was establish by Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth
#4 That the priesthood of God has been given a living prophet
#5 That through the same priesthood, I was baptized and became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
#6 That through the priesthood, my family can live together forever as long as we continue to keep the commandments of God
#7 That through the priesthood, I have been called and set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
#8 That I wake up every morning and get to share what I am grateful for every day
#9 That our Heavenly Father knows me individually and answers my prayers
#10 For my family, that they support me, and that they have always loved me regardless of my personal decisions

I am GRATEFUL!



I realized last week that I forgot to tell you all what happened with transfers. I stayed in the same area and I have a new companion named Sister H, she is amazing. She was a less active member who also came back to the church and now is a missionary. I will be with her through the Holiday season. She is from Houston, Texas and is the oldest daughter in her family. She is fearless and I love it. 

In our Zone this past week we were able to participate in a service project where we handed out Thanksgiving baskets to those who needed them. It was through a food bank. It was so amazing to help people in a time of need and get to know them. We talked to a lady named Maria, her and her daughter were there getting baskets for their family. We asked them what they were thankful for this holiday season, they told us they were not thankful because their father had passed away earlier this year. I felt the spirit so strong and I bore them my testimony about Eternal Families. When I did, Maria started to cry and she told me that she wanted the missionaries to come to her home and help her find peace. We called the missionaries who cover that area, and they remembered the address and said about 6 months ago they went there and gave her a blessing. They now have an appointment with her to go and see her again. I know that the Lord placed us there in her path for a reason.

We also had a miracle this week with an investigator named L, she is a woman that we found while we were visiting her daughter. She asked us last week for a picture or booklet about Jesus Christ. We gave her one and then asked her to stay and join us for a lesson we were having. She stayed and said a prayer with us and then asked when we were coming back. L has come to church now two weeks in a row and she accepted a baptismal date for December 7th. Last night L, said she wanted her angels at dinner. So we ate dinner with her, she made us rice, beans, and carne asada. It was super good. She also went to the ward activity for Thanksgiving and asked to get a blessing from Hermano L , Hermano P, and the Elders. She felt the spirit so strong during the blessing. She said her life has changed so much because of us. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed us by knowing her.

I am so thankful for so many things this week, as well as the personal experiences I have continued to have as I have read in the Book of Mormon. Last week as I mentioned, I found a scripture about Laying up Treasures in Heaven and today I found another scripture that helped me so much today. I found it in 3 Nephi 3:19 -21 and 3 Nephi 13:33.

 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where mothand rust doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal;

 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neithermoth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not breakthrough nor steal.

 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,and all these things shall be added unto you.

I realized today that it doesn't matter what I choose to do after my mission but I have to stay on the path that leads to eternal life. 

I love you all so much, eat extra pie and desert for me this week!

Love Sister Weller

Funny moment of the week:

Sister H and I were making oatmeal cookies and she wanted to help, so I asked her to melt the butter, she grabbed a stick of butter in a plastic bag and put it in the microwave. She pulled it out after 2 minutes and said Sister Weller it won't melt. I looked at it and thought that is so weird, I looked at the bowl and just laughed. She was melting mozzarella cheese instead of butter. Then she almost chocked on a starburst she was eating. Pray for our safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment