Monday, November 3, 2014

Word of Wizards...

Family!!!

How was Halloween?? It looks like everyone dressed up and got into the spirit. :) On Halloween I was in our house with my two companions at 6 pm. Really we didn't spend much time outside. We had a Zone Conference in the morning until about 3 pm and then we got to our house by 6. 

Zone Conference just in case you don't know what that is, it is a special meeting we have every 2 or 3 months where we get to have training from our mission president and his wife and other missionaries. This was my first conference as a Sister Training Leader and I was able to train with my companion Sister F. 

I am so grateful for the strength I gained personally from Zone Conference. All of the training's we had were so inspired. We had a training on Sincere Prayer. We talked a lot about a prayer that changed our life and I realized that it was the prayer that helped me decide to come on my mission. Just like Enos, I was able to pray and seek council from my loving Heavenly Father because without his help I am not sure where I would be right now. As I reflected back on that "life changing prayer" I realized how the Lord has been answering my prayers ever since. It has really been in the language and how my thoughts change as I am praying. It helped me to realize that I need to have more meaningful prayers and really focus on what I need help with. It means that I can't just kneel down and pray for a few minutes and say I prayed. I have to do it with thought and ponder so that I can receive council through the Holy Ghost. My goal is to really focus on that the rest of my mission because I know that quickly I will need to make more life changing decisions that will require prayer. 

We also had a training on how to help our apartments be Celestial (a place where the Savior could walk). This was one of my favorite parts because our homes are where we should be able to feel the spirit. So we have been doing some spring cleaning and throwing a lot of stuff away. 

This week we have been so great. We are teaching more simply and in unity and I love it. It has taken me a few weeks to adjust to being in a different ward (it is only my 3rd one ever) so I know with even more time I will feel more and more connected. 

Yesterday we were able to see a baptism for a little girl named S, her family has been going back to church for about a month after being inactive for the past year. Her father M has a problem with drinking but he has really been trying to overcome that addiction so that he can continue to receive blessings from Heavenly Father. I know how important this family is for the Lord and I can't wait to help teach him the missionary lessons so that he can grow his faith even more and make even more promises with the Lord in the temple one day. The other night we were teaching the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity to S and her littler sister. We asked them if they knew what the Word of Wisdom was and they both said, no but we know what the Word of Wizards is, we couldn't help buy laugh. Afterwards we also taught them about modesty and how we need to have our shoulders covered and our knees and not show our stomachs. Then we asked them both to explain it to us, they both said okay, we know it means we can't show our elbows, nose, or toes. Obviously we taught it to them again after that. If I had to cover my nose all day to be modest I wouldn't last :).

This week was so great. I have seen so many miracles! I just love being a missionary!!! 

Love you all a ton.

Hermana Weller


No comments:

Post a Comment