Monday, November 17, 2014

Lay up for yourself a TREASURE in HEAVEN

Family,

This week has been amazing and at the same time I have learned so much. I have had so many opportunities to GROW.  A quote that I heard this week that has helped me so much is, "There is no growth in the comfort zone, there is no comfort in the growth zone." I feel like that is especially true this week. This week I was given the opportunity with my companion to create a "Sisters Training Meeting" where we talked about the importance of Personal and Companionship Study. My companion and I were in charge of the training under the direction of our mission president. The conference we had for sisters was amazing. I just love how the Lord inspires his leaders and that Sister F and I were able to help.

Some miracles from the week: 

On Monday we went and visited a potential investigator named Christina, opened the door and asked us to come right now. When we went in she asked why do you believe in the Book of Mormon. I was actually a little worried and prayed in my heart that I would be able to feel the spirit and follow the guidance of the spirit to help her have an open heart. As I prayed I was filled with the spirit and knew what we needed to share with her. As we started the lesson with her I could feel the spirit so strong each time I spoke. I wanted to cry each time, she could feel the spirit as well. It was such an amazing feeling. It was the motivation I needed this past week to really have meaningful conversations with each person. We had contacted Christina the night before and she invited us back the next day! 

On Tuesday the Lord prepared the mother of two of our investigators to ask us for a picture of Christ. We had just finished talking to her daughter when she came to the door and said I am so sorry to interrupt but can I have a pamphlet or a picture of Christ. We gave her one and then invited her to join us. She was super excited to pray with us. Afterwards we set a return appointment for Saturday and we went back and had such an amazing lesson with her. She shared so many concerns with us and said that she felt like we were her angels. She accepted an invitation to come to church as well. Then on Sunday....SHE CAME. She said that she was filled with the spirit and that she felt that it was TRUE. She asked us when we would be coming by again to see her. We are so excited to help Lupe make these changes in her life. 

During my personal study this week I found something that I have been pondering. In Helaman 5:8 it says, "And now my sons, behold I have somewhat more to desire of you, which desire is, that ye may not do these things that ye may boast, but that ye may do these things to LAY UP FOR YOURSELVES A TREASURE IN HEAVEN, yea, which is eternal, and which fadeth not away; yea, that ye may have that precious gift of ETERNAL LIFE, which we have reason to suppose hath been given to our fathers." As I read that I really focused on the ONLY treasure that we can lay up in Heaven which is Eternal Life. Our life here on earth is just to prepare for that time. So our earth life, helps us create the greatest TREASURE ever, which is ETERNAL LIFE. This past week I shared with my companion my thoughts and goals for after my mission which are possibly:

1) Graduate School - Business entrepreneurship
2) Start my own business
3) Learn something new (Piano, continue taking Spanish classes, ect)
4) Work part time and spend time with family
5) Get married, have a family

Then my companion asked me what was more important...Having a successful career or having a successful family? I really am having to think and ponder on that. I know the answer should be family but can't I have both? That is what I am struggling with right now. I will be fine though. I am just going to keep serving the Lord. I want to LAY A TREASURE IN HEAVEN THAT I WONT EVER LET FADE. 

That is life. I am so thankful for this time right now. I will talk to you again next week!

Love Hermana Weller


No comments:

Post a Comment