Since deciding to start my missionary papers I have noticed as the Bishop warned that Satan is tempting me to let the little things slide. I have found myself justifying things that a month ago I wouldn't have even watched or listened too. I let my guard down and now I feel the guilt of allowing myself to indulge in his temptations. You're probably wondering what I am even talking about, it is nothing catastrophic but it's "the little things that add up...to the big things":
- Choosing to sleep in or stay up late at night to catch my favorite TV shows instead of reading my scriptures
- Listening to Pandora instead of Mormon Radio
- Watching TV shows that use bad language and suggestive thoughts/language/action instead of changing the channel or turning off the TV.
- Rushing through my prayers
- Letting the rush of life and other commitments keep me from going to the Temple
All of these little things have caused me to be less spiritual the last couple of weeks. I prayed today that I would have the renewed strength and courage to refocus my time and activities throughout the day. It is so easy to let the little things slide but I'm glad that I have recognized Satan's temptations and am working back towards brightening my spiritual beacon!
"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticing of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."I need to continue my journey towards becoming the best missionary I can be. Prepared emotionally, spiritually, and physically!
Every day is a battle, it takes action to pick the the best choice and choose the right.