Monday, February 10, 2014

Doctors visits and 3 months in Ecuador

Hello!

In the 3 months I have been here I have learned a lot. I have learned that I am still me, which means I still love my sleep, miss Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (When you pick me up from the airport in 2015, please have this on standby), miss my family, and still need to work on my patience with people. But I am only human and I pray everyday to grow spiritually and that I can represent God to the best of my abilities today and every day. Sometimes people dont think we are human but we really are. The mission so far has taught me to be patient with myself and to be patient with the spanish.

Other that that I am loving the rain they have right now in SUMMER here. I get to use my paraguas (umbrella) everyday at random times. I still have not used my rain jacket mainly because it is not cold, just rainy. It still gets super humid at night but for the first time the other night I was cold. So the Lord just keeps blessing me lol. In March or April is when it starts to get hot again which I dont really like either haha. 

We are still working hard and I am seeing how the Lord blesses us more and more each day. Me with my spanish and Hermana Y with health. I am still going to to doctors a lot which is a bummer because it means less time to talk to people but we talk with people on the bus. I am hoping this week the stomach doctor will tell me what is wrong with my stomach. Pray for that. 

The Lord has also been helping me a lot with my spanish. Yesterday for example, I made it a point to get out of bed at 6:25 AM instead of 6:30 AM. and the Lord blessed. I was able to speak with a recent convert and learn about her family and how she joined the church. If all I have to do every day is be obedient so the Lord can bless me, that is what I will do. 

I love it here but miss home, know that. I am looking forward to starting another week here and I pray that we can find more people to teach and that we can help bring people closer to christ.

This week, as a family in your sunday dinner, try having Family HOme Evening too. I promise you as you do this, you will feel even closer, and that as you show God that you will follow all of the counsel of the prophets that you will find answers to your questions and be able to overcome any challenge you face.

Love your friend, daughter, sister, auntie, and MISSIONARY!

AnnaAlicia

PS, Jessica update my blog. 










 Pictures when I arrived in Ecuador




No comments:

Post a Comment