Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug 18- Sick...Headaches...and seeing stars....

I have heard that you are trying to make plans go and have FUN. Did you all go camping this weekend? I hope you did and that you are having fun while doing it. Please make sure to visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory and get some delicious ice cream and cheese for me. Just saying if you are there, make sure you do it. How else has everyone been? How are you families doing? Is everyone ready for school yet? (School started here last week...)

This week has been so not what I expected. Sister B and I got sick with the flu and also headaches. I went to the doctor this past week and got an MRI, that machine was so LOUD and make me not like rides that don't move. I had to hold still for 25 minutes and almost jumped off the bed when she had the MRI stop. I wouldn't last if I was a Navy Seal and had to be in the same exact place for longer than 20 minutes. So that is the good news. I won't ever be in the military. :) The MRI came back fine, they were worried that I had maybe got a parasite when I was in Ecuador and that might have been what was causing the headaches. The doctor diagnosed me with migraines (as I had been seeing stars) and gave me these pills to take. I took one and the migraine was gone. The side affect was that I was super tired and then sleep for hours. I will be going back to the doctor in 2 months to talk with her again and so she can do a check up.

Other than that, I finished 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon in Spanish and understood most of it, that is miracle number 1. 


#2 One of our neighbors, came and knocked on our door during lunch and told us that she needed a ride because her boyfriend was in a car accident. While we waited we talked about what we did as missionaries and we shared a scripture with her D&C 121:7, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;"  She then asked us what book we shared that from, we told her the Book of Mormon. She said she grew up Catholic and did that for her mom but that she wanted to find something that would make her happy. We setup an appointment tonight at 7:30 pm to meet with her again.


#3 M who was baptized a month ago, received the priesthood on Sunday. He got up so early so that he could meet with the Bishop before church. He is working on going to the temple in the next few weeks.

Last week was a little off, but this week will be so much better. I can't wait to be out in the area full time and touching the hearts of the people. We are taking with everyone so that we can find the people who are prepared to accept the Lord in their lives. One thing that I have been studying this week is about Obedience I read a talk by Robert D. Hales called, If you love me, keep my commandments. It said that their are three types of obedience, the natural mans obedience, where we reject the Lord, selective obedience, where we pick and choose what commandments we want to follow, and the Savior's obedience, where we obey because we LOVE HIM. It reminded me why I choose to follow God at this time in my life, and why I choose for myself to be a missionary at this time. I just want to share it with everyone.

Well I think that is pretty much it. I can't think of what else to share.

Love, Sister Weller



No comments:

Post a Comment