Monday, August 25, 2014

July 14th- If You Love It....Do It!!

How are you all doing? What fun summer adventures have you had? Are you all getting ready for the fair coming up at the end of this month or next month? Sister J and I saw a little carnival in a store parking lot today...to bad it is so off limits haha. So will someone please go to the WC Fair and get an all day ride bracelet and ride until you get sick? Please. Also eat an elephant ear for me. Has anyone been camping yet this summer? Summer is already half way over just in case you were keeping track so go have fun. 

We are doing so great here in BG. The members here are so great! They go out with us a few times a week. We are still working harder on going out with people from the Young Men's and Young Women's organizations but little by little we are working harder and harder to go out with them. We are seeing miracles from this as well. One of the less active girls we are teaching named A is getting started on her Young Women's Personal Progress and she loves it. She is so excited to get more involved and start coming to the Wednesday night activities. I wish I would have been more involved with the Young Women's Personal Progress when I was in that young. It is so great and so prefect for young women. 

We have also been working on getting our investigator A involved with Young Women's so she can feel more and more comfortable at church. She has been coming to church for 3 weeks and has been going to the Wednesday night activities. One of our recent converts has been going to appointments with us too. She is 2 years older than A but they have really clicked and are going to things together now. Yesterday they  went with us to the temple and it was so great. A is feeling a little nervous about her baptism this weekend and not feeling ready but I know that through the help of the Lord that we will be  help her feel prepared. 

We also had a random less active member miracle this past week. We were in a trailer park and contacting people as we were looking for a less active member on our ward list. We talked with everyone we passed. Well turns out one of the ladies that we spoke to was baptized 13 years ago in a different area and hasn't been to church in 10 years. We started visiting with her this past week and her daughter now has an interest in learning more (she is not a member)! 

Right now we have three people who are working towards being baptized, A, M, and F, they all have a goal to be baptized this coming Sunday the 20th of July. They each have unique backgrounds but I just know how much the Lord loves them and wants to see them come closer to him. The only way that we can go back to live with him is to be baptized and start our way down the straight and narrow path to Eternal Life. In 3rd Nephi is one of my favorite scriptures. 3 Nephi 27:20 - 22. Please pray for all three of them!

 20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.
 21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
 22 Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
This past week has been super hard for me. I am working on trying to stay focused on my investigators. Last week I heard from my old companion that one of our converts who is only 9 years old lost both of her parents. I have been so worried for her but I know that the Lord is protecting her and watching over her. This week I have been praying for her and really focusing on the blessings that we have to know that we can live together forever. It was so special to go to the temple yesterday and walk around it. I also got a fortune cookie this week that said if you love it, do it. Which pretty much gave me the boast I needed in my spirits this week. I love my mission and couldn't imagine doing anything else so I am just going to leave each morning and do it. 

I love you all so much! Also, had me some In and Out this last Monday. It was perfect. Such a great California tradition.

Hermana Weller




No comments:

Post a Comment