Monday, October 27, 2014

Lost in Hollywood

Family,

This week was another super crazy week. We were all over the place from East Los Angeles to the Hollywood Hills. We also have a someone who is preparing to be baptized this Sunday November 2nd!!! So just to quickly tell you what happened....

-My first exchange (as a Sister Trainer, I go stay with different sisters and help them) with a sister from Korea!
-Went on an exchange with Sister B and Sister J in my old area
-Traveled out of the mission to North Hollywood to film for the Church again!
-We went to the Visitor's Center with S and her family!

I don't think I have had a normal week yet here in SFS. It has been kind of stressful but I know that the Lord would not have assigned me to the a Sister Trainer if he didn't know that I could grow from this experience and come closer to him. So I welcome the challenges that being a Sister Trainer has brought me so far and can't wait to see how much more I can grow as a person. One thing that my brother wrote me today is that, "Your mission, will simply just make you a better person." I want to be a better person who is a stronger in the gospel so that my future family will be blessed by the gospel as well.

This week I have been stressed about our area because we have not been in our area very much. My companion Sister B helped me to realize though that I need to redefine again what it means to be a successful missionary. So I am working on that. I am also just trying to continue to be me and realize that everything here in SFS is new and that with time I will understand the area and be able to be more effective. I have just been struggling with the fact that I don't know everything and that I have to rely on my companions more to help me figure things out. Which sounds bad but since I like knowing what I am doing it has been making me feel like I am just following Sister F around instead of leading or having a co-companionship. Today is a new day though and I am so thankful for both of my companions because we balance each other out and I feel so comfortable and am able to share what I am thinking and how I am feeling. I am so so so thankful for my companions. 

In other news...I went to NORTH HOLLYWOOD, it is somewhere behind the Hollywood Sign. My companion Sister F and I were asked by President Weidman to film another training segment for new missionaries. Of course we said yes and on Friday we spent all day filming us teaching. It was such an amazingly exhausting experience! So we ended our week by going to North Hollywood and we were filmed teaching the commandments of our Heavenly Father to investigators. We only had 9 hours to film and so we taught each of the commandments in 10 minutes or less. As we did that, I realized how simple we need to teach as missionaries.

We also went to the Visitor's Center yesterday with S, she is 9 and is getting baptized this Sunday! Her father is a less active member and her mother is an active member. S is so excited to be an example to her family and help bring them all back to church so that they can be sealed as a family. 

This week was amazing and I can't wait to see what this next week will bring. I hope everyone is well and I want you all to know how much I love you!!! 

Love, Sister Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment