Monday, October 20, 2014

RE: First week in SFS



Hi Family!!!

This past week has been full of first times in LA moments....It was such a great week and so busy at the same time. I am so tired but it is a good tired. I am just trying to find my way into the grove here in SFS and then I will be back to normal. Right now I just feel out of place and awkward again which is not the funnest feeling in the world but life as a missionary means you change a lot and so here we go to changes because the challenge was accepted.

A short version of what happened this week is:

*Transfers happened on Tuesday and I became a new Sister Training Leader
*I started Halloween by eating a PUMPKIN doughnut (which was amazing)
*My view on Wednesday morning was the temple, sleep over in Santa Monica! 
*TRIO-LOVE, I have two companions again
*I was asked to FILM in LA
*I know how to jump a car now
*Prayers are answered always
*My testimony grew even more this week about the Plan of Salvation

On Tuesday I went to my second transfer meeting ever. The first one was when I arrived in LA and the second one was this past Tuesday. When we were driving down to Torrance, I was getting more and more nervous for the next 6 weeks because I allowed Satan to make me doubt my abilities.  Transfer meeting was amazing though, I was able to share my testimony about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's and how they had to defend and stand up for what they believed in, their convent with God as they were killed and murdered by their wicked brothers. I was also able to share a story about one o my recent converts named N, she told us how she has never had her religion more questioned then this year. She said each and every time someone asks her why she is Mormon, she get's laughed at but that she doesn't allow them to bring her down. It reminded me so much of this story in the Book of Mormon and how much we have to defend our testimonies and what we believe. We have to be willing to sacrifice anything for what we believe because if we don't who will? The Lord already paid the sacrifice for me to be here and serve the Lord and for each and every one of us to have a testimony and be able to live with our Heavenly Father again.

On Tuesday night we got a call that we needed to go and pick up a sister because her companion was going home due to a medical issue, so we went up to the temple and picked up m new companion Sister B!!! We were actually serving in the same ward 3 transfers ago. So we went and picked her up and then stayed in Santa Monica with a Senior Missionary couple. I had a follow up check with my head doctor. I am so happy to report that I am not having headaches anymore so I am doing so much better. Which is so good because I need to continue to work to be happy and continue to help people come closer to Christ. 

After my doctors appointment on Wednesday we got called to do an interview with a small film crew that is associated with the church. The Missionary Department was filming interviews about Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. So our mission president asked us to go and film a segment with them this past Wednesday. So we did. It was so cool and such an amazing experience. My companions and I each filmed different little segments. I was asked so many questions about Repentance and what it means to me to live and understand Repentance. I was able to share my re-activation story with them and how I am a missionary now because 2 sets of missionaries taught me the missionary lessons. I have such a strong testimony of working with less active members. We filmed for about 5 hours on Wednesday and it was super cool to hear the testimonies of my companions and I can't wait to see how everything turns out.  (P.S. We got asked to film again this week, we are super excited).

This last week I was really able to reflect on how much my testimony has grown of the Plan of Salvation. It was such a hard week because Dad's birthday was yesterday and I just wanted to think about him and how happy he must be to live in Heaven with our family members up there but I really miss him a lot too.  This week I was able to grow my testimony a lot more though, we are currently teaching a women named I, she lost her husband two years ago. She has been so sad each time we talk about the Plan of Salvation and the hope we can gain from believing in the word of God. Last night we came to the temple and shared with her how she can have this hope in her life too. She said she could feel peace each and every time we see her and meet her. We are so excited to continue to teach her and can't wait to see her again this week.

I know that this Gospel is true, if it wasn't I wouldn't have a hope that I can live with my father again. 

Love Sister Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment