Sunday, September 29, 2013

AnnaAlicia is a Missionary in Mexico! What?!?!


I can't believe this week came and went so quickly! My lovely sister, my mentor, best friend is gone! We took her to the airport early in the morning on Wednesday the 25th. She is just so funny, I guess she couldn't live without us very long because on the way home we got our first phone call from her while she was still in Oregon.

I don't know who to go to, to make important decisions now that my sister is gone haha. In 18 months she is going to be so proud of me. I'll be making all these crazy decisions by my lonesome.

Well, I am so happy for her...and guess what....She is officially a missionary and is in Mexico! It's a little funny. The one place my dad never wanted us to go to, Mexico, and that's exactly where she is. (Mexico is kind of a very, very dangerous and scary place right now if you don't know.) I am so jealous of her though. You see, we're Latina, our grandparents are from Monterrey, Mexico. To have her go there to learn spanish is pretty amazing in my book. (Now when she gets back, she will be a wonderful asset to my mom while she works on family history.)

The same day she arrived at the Mexico MTC we received our first e-mail from La Hermana Weller! Here is what she wrote to us...


Hello Family! I made it to Mexico City

It's so crazy I am so far away already. I'm super tired and we don't even go to bed until 10 PM. I'm not even sure what time it is there in Portland. 

I traveled all the way to the Mexico City Airport by myself. I didn´t actually meet up with anyone until I made it through customs. I was the only girl that came on the little yellow bus with 14 elders. I had to sit all by myself. I've already ran into sisters going to my mission though and one even came from Portland too.

It still doesn't feel real, but I am sure it will be tomorrow. I miss you guys already and love you so much. Send hugs and kisses to everyone for me. I am not really sure when my P day is yet because there is so much information to look at.  I have to go find my companion, so I will write the next time I can.

Love Hermana Weller



No comments:

Post a Comment