Saturday, September 14, 2013

Summer of Fun - Part 1


When I first got my mission call I thought waiting to leave for 5 months was nuts. The time would take forever and would I still feel the same desire to go that I had when I first put my papers in? These were all things I worried about but as the time has come down to 14 days I still have the same desire. I am beyond grateful for the Summer of Fun that I have had with my family and friends. So I thought I would share some photos from trip over the summer.

Trips to Grandma Emily's House

Over the summer we visited my Grandmother Emily who turned 100 in April. My favorite part was visiting with her of course but I also really enjoyed the Oregon Coast on the way to her house.









Trips to the Park




Soccer Games with my nieces and nephews



Going to Seattle, Washington

One of my favorite places to vacation is Seattle. There are so many places to see there and amazing places to eat. My sisters had not been there in over 10 years and I go about once a year so my mom, two sisters and niece and nephew decided to go up there for the weekend. We walked the Warf, visited the Zoo, went to Pike Street, drove down a one way, grabbed fresh donuts from the market, visited the famous Gum Wall, and ate great seafood. We even went to the Seattle Temple which is where my father visited before he was baptized. 











At the Gum Wall...Yes, I chewed gum and gummed my name.





Beach Trip for My Birthday

For my Birthday this year we went to the Coast, which I love here in Oregon. My entire family went with all of their little critters. Even in May it still rains and is cold and windy here so you may see some of them in coats and all of us in sweatshirts. While we made smores, it started to rain, so we had to go back into the Hotel Room but it was still a lot of fun. And we also ate lots of seafood at the buffet in town. It was such a great weekend and amazing sunsets.








Races for the Rose Festival

In June we went to the Rose Cup Races! Growing up we went to the races every Father's Day with my father to watch the Indy Car's race on the Portland International Raceway. Since then my love for racing has grown so much. Until my father passed away we watched Indy Car, Formula 1, and the Le Mans races when ever they were on and often we would rewatch our favorite ones. Well this year we went to the races and my little nephew Luis and niece Miraya started to love it too. They even had a favorite racer they would watch throughout the race and cheer for. 






Graduations from College 

The month of June ended with Graduations for my younger sister Jessica and my younger brother Jason. About a year or two ago all 5 kids and my father were in college together. Crazy huh. Since then I graduated college, my older brother graduated with a Computer Science Degree and now my two younger siblings. My sister Jessica got her degree in Marketing and my brother Jason go this degree in Diesel Mechanics.  I am so proud of them!




I will have more posts over the next few days on the rest of my summer. :)

Love, Hermana Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment