Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 16-Happy Father's Day



How are you all doing? How was Father's Day weekend? I hope all the Father's in our family got my cards I sent last week. I hope that your little kids showed you some love Chris and Jason. 

Well this week I thought I would share what happened and then focus on something that has blessed my life so much. My father...the person who could give me blessings...and the one who prepared his whole life so that he could live with our Heavenly Father again.

So this week had it's ups and downs but mainly ups. We were so blessed this week to meet a young girl about my age who has a 9 year old son. She has been battling an addicition since she was 15 years old and we stopped by her house to talk with her mother about our free english classes and we eneded up meeting K! She is so amazing. She opened up to us so fast and told us about what had been happening in her life and how she wanted to change it. Afterwards we told her that we had a message that could literly change her life and help her change her life around. We have meet with her this week a few times and she is reading the Book of Mormon with her son every night before they go to bed. Her son is so excited. Tonight we are stopping by again so we can teach them how they can both receive answers to their prayers and start by asking if the Book of Mormon was written by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I am so excited to see her tonight!

This past week we had one of our best days yet together. It is so crazy but it happened on a Wednesday. We were out talking with people all day I can't even believe it. We talked with 53 people that day. That is the most people we have ever talked to in just one day. That same day we meet a lady named Y, we were going to her house to talk to her daughter. She answered the door and said her daughter wasn't there. At first she didn't want to talk to us but she opened up more and more. She told us how she felt like she always had to be a ROCK to her family. That same morning I was studying in the Bible and I read in 2 Samuel 22:2-3 which is when David was talking with the Lord..."and he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer: The God of my rock: in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou savest me from violence." I was able to share this scripture with her and she cried and told us that she felt relieved. She has felt so much pressure on her shoulders for so long. We have an appointment to go and see her tomorrow and I can't wait to continue to share more with her. It was such an amazing experience.

I have also been thinking about DAD so much this week. I studied the priesthood and the Plan of Salvation this week to focus on him. I found such comfort in the fact that Dad is living in Paradise and that he prepared his whole life through different trails to live with our Heavenly Father again. I still remember the day I saw him all in white. He prepared for that day. He endured to the end so that he could receive every blessing possible that the Lord wanted to give to him. I know that as I try my best every day that I will be able to prepare myself to live with Dad and with Heavenly Father. This promise is possible because of the priesthood. All because the Lord loved us so much he provided us a way to always become clean again from our sins and come closer to him through the Atonement of his son Jesus Christ. I know Dad is in such an amazing place. He loves it. He loves us too but he died with the knowledge that we would all be together again. 

To sum it all up...this week has been amazing! We are already starting week 2 of this transfer which ends in the middle of July. So Hermana J and I will be celebrating the 4th together. Can't wait to wear red, white, and blue. Oh and see fireworks. I know childish but you all know how much I love the HOLIDAYS.

Anyways back to work I go. Write me by hand if you feel like it. I love reading your letters and getting your pictures. 

Love Hermana Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment