Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 23- Sister Temple Day & A Miracle Kind of Day



How are you?? I heard that I am an aunt again to a new little baby boy named Zander! How exciting!  I can't wait to meet the little guy in 10 months. 

How is summer going for everyone? Who is doing what sports? Have you all gone camping yet or no? If not, please promise you will at least do a camping trip in the backyard at Jessica's house or Grandma's. Summer here is super hot. Luckily last week there was a sale on ice cream so I was able to get 2 pints for $6! Such a good sale is all I can tell you. 

Last Monday, after I wrote home Sister J and I went to my favorite park in our area which is a water park for kids, but it also has picnic tables and grass to lay out on under the trees. We went there and relaxed, if I wasn't in a skirt I would have just laid down and took a nap but that wasn't possible. :) 

One of the sisters in our ward who is less active, is from Salvador and she taught us how to make pupusas. 
(A pupusa is a traditional Salvadoran dish made of a thick, handmade corn tortilla that is usually (stuffed) filled with a blend of the following: cheese cooked pork meat ground to a paste consistency refried beans, or queso con loroco-Wikipedia) She is so great, she showed us and then we made some and ate dinner with her. She is such an amazing person. She is a single mother with 3 kids and does people's nails and massages to pay for all the bills. We always have such a blast being at her house for dinner. 




 
Tuesday was SISTER TEMPLE DAY! It was so great. We went to the temple with the sisters that are in our area, so you will see a picture of some pretty great powerful sisters all here to do the Lord's work. When I entered the temple it was so great to find peace in a hectic world. It was such a peaceful experience. I prayed to feel at peace the entire time and I felt Dad there with me giving me a hug like he was pulling me towards him. The blessings of the temple are real. We don't get to go very often so getting the spiritual strength I needed for the day was amazing. 



I also went on exchanges with Sister L ( exchanges are when you switch companions for 24 hours). It was so great. I got to see another area of Los Angeles and see a recent convert from the other area. His name is N and his entire family is Catholic but he wanted so bad to be baptized and now his entire family is taking lessons. He started reading the Book of Mormon after he was baptized which was on May 25th and is going to finish it on July 20th! He is so great and so spiritually strong!

Now for the many many miracles that the Lord has blessed me and Sister J with! Last transfer (or the last 6 weeks) we have been doing everything possible..being exactly obedient, talking to 20 or more people a day, going to be on time, I mean everything. We have had so many people to talk with and have been teaching people but we had not had any baptisms. I was starting to think, it is okay, maybe I am only meant to plant seeds for people at a later date to come closer to God. I wasn't getting discouraged but I was starting to question if I was doing everything that I needed to be doing. Then the LORD blessed us this week with so many miracles, things that have never happened in my mission. 

On Thursday, we went to visit an 11 year old girl named N, we have been visiting her and teaching her how to read words in the Book of Mormon, so she can read better in school. Well we found out her mom was baptized when she was 10 but then stooped going to church. So we found out where they lived and started to visit their entire family. She has one other daughter who we meet named A and she was super excited to learn more too. We are now teaching their entire family and two of her daughters have accepted invitations from the Lord to be baptized this next month!

On the same day we stopped by to see our friend who we visit in a park next to a bus stop, we have been teaching him for about 3 weeks. We asked him to come to church and our Ward Missionary Leader came with us on Saturday to meet him and then he came and loved it. He asked if he could COME EACH WEEK. It was so great. Oh and he gave one of his friends our number and they called us and told us they wanted to meet with us too. 

The Lord is blessing us so much right now. I can't even wait to see what he blesses us with this week.

I found this scripture today and loved it. It pretty much summed up my week last week.

D&C 18:44..."And by your (my) hands I will work marvelous work among the children of men, unto the convincing of many of their sins, that they may come unto repentance, and that they may come unto the kingdom of my father." 

The Lord is real, the church is true, and I love sharing it with other people. 

I hope you all have a great week and I can't wait to get letters from everyone.

Love Hermana Weller

Oh...PS...I am going to start reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish on August 1st in case anyone wants to join me. My goal is to finish it by December 31st 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment