Saturday, June 28, 2014

June 2- June Already....What!

As you all remember yesterday Elder Ballard was here in our mission...who just happens to be one of the 12 apostles to the LORD. I am excited to tell you that it was one of the best days ever but leading up to Sunday...was hard. 

This week was one of the hardest weeks that I have had since I have been here just motivational wise but I keep reminding myself daily that it was because we were going to have an apostle of the LORD here. So Satan was just working harder than ever on our investigators and less active members. This week most of our appointments that were planned fell through for one reason or another but that didn't stop Sister J and I. 

This week was a week of miracles as well. We have been working hard to get more members out to lessons. We were able to invite one of our less active members come with us. He was baptized when he was 10 and then he fell away from the church, was in gangs, drugs, and jail...but he found his way back to the church through that experience though. He came to a lesson with us with an investigator whose boyfriend is trying to get out of the same situation and he bore his testimony on how much the GOSPEL has helped him in his life to get it back. It was so great. I was so excited and it just showed me how much I am thankful for the work the Lord has asked me to do at this time. 

This past week we also stopped and talked to a man that was standing outside of his apartment and we told him about LA English as we were on the way to an appointment. We invited him to bring a friend and he came to our class last Tuesday with his friend M. On Saturday they came again for LA English and we had a spiritual thought about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As we were explaining Faith, Repentance, and Baptism, "M" quietly asked, ..."well when can I get baptized". We told him we could help him to prepare for his baptism through meeting with us. After we ended the spiritual thought we asked him to stay back and talk to us for a second. He did, and we asked him why he wanted to be baptized. He told us because he felt like angels were testifying to him that he needed to find the path that leads to God. So we talked to him so more and asked him if he would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized on the 15th of June. He accepted and every since, we have meet with him every other day to teach him more about how he can make the changes he needs to make in his life to come closer to God. We also stopped by on Sunday morning to remind him about church and make sure he was up and getting ready. We knocked on the door and his sister told us he was sleeping and that she wouldn't wake him up. So we thanked her for her time and as we were walking to the car, I asked Hermana J to call him. She was a little nervous to call him but she did at first he didn't answer but then he called us right back! He told us he was coming and he would get ready just then. HE CAME TO CHURCH on Sunday and brought his friend P (the one we contacted about LA English). Persistence and Diligence pays off. If we would have just waited at the church for him he would have slept though it. 

Well Sunday with Elder Ballard, Elder Switzer, and Elder Acosta was amazing! Imagine 250 missionaries all in a chapel waiting to shake the hard of an apostle. It was such a spiritually packed room full of inspiration and answers to my questions. I have been working hard since I got here to the California Los Angeles Mission to prepare for Elder Ballard. I have been trying to pray more deeply and we have been exactly obedient and talking to 30+ people a day. On Saturday night we sat down and I finally wrote down my questions for the Mission Conference (yes our entire mission) we were going to have on Sunday. I wanted to write down my questions so that I would remember what they were and so I would be prepared for what I knew the Lord wanted to tell me. As I wrote down some of my questions I keep thinking...oh some of these are silly or I should already know this but I wrote them down anyways. Then, all of the speakers answered every question! It was the most amazing experience. Now my goal is to do that for each conference or training because I know that as I do that I will be preparing myself to be taught by the Savior though his chosen leaders! I can't wait for the next training or conference! 

One thing I learned yesterday was that our attitudes about the work can change our days. Sister Jarman and I are pretty happy people but just like anyone Satan sometimes gets to us. So we made a little motto to help us...Conquer the World because we have the Savior on our side! Now we look at it each day before we leave the house and when we have that mindset we conquer the world everyday...one person at a time and we meet or exceed the goals we have for that day. I just can't wait to get to work everyday. 

Some funnies from this week....

1) I can't run...yeah actually I can but the other day I tripped on nothing and bruised my hands. Yes I landed flat on my face. No joke.

2) We bought a huge jar of peanut butter and ate it in 2 weeks. I never realized how much I loved peanut butter!

3) When you wash a car in a skirt you can't just bend over to get things...lol. My skirt went flying up when I did. No bueno. 

Oh and I didn't take photos this week cause I am driving now...so I have less selfies but I hope you like the ones I am sending...I will write you all back next week. Thanks for writing but I am already out of time. Sometimes...

Hermana Weller

No comments:

Post a Comment